Fall 2022 Primary Recruitment Schedule
We are in the process of planning a wonderful Fall recruitment for you all and are so excited to welcome you to both the Panhellenic and the Fraternity and Sorority Life communities. The best way to prepare for this process is to make sure you are registered, email with any questions and check out information on each of our chapter’s below.
Also keep in mind that we have three councils that are home to sororities so make sure you check them all out to find which would be the best fit for you. More information about each of our councils can be found here.
Fall primary recruitment for the Panhellenic council is the best chance to meet all of our organizations and see which might be a good fit for you. Primary recruitment is also the only time all fourteen of our organizations are open to accept new members during the 2022-2023 school year.
- May 1st: Registration opens
- September 14th: Registration closes
- September 28th: Potential New Member Check in and Orientation
- September 29th and 30th: Round One
- October 2nd: Round Two
- October 6th and 7th: Round Three
- October 8th: Round Four
- October 9th: Bid Day
* Registration is required to participate in the formal recruitment process and will be open from May 1st to September 14th (11:55pm). Make sure to register with your UIowa email!
All events are required as part of the recruitment process so make sure to mark your calendars! Exceptions will be made for class conflicts.
Fall 2022 Orientation dates and times
- September 28th - TBD
- October 17th 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- October 25th 5:00-6:00 p.m.
- November 8th 5:00-6:00 p.m.
- November 29th 5:00-6:00 p.m.
Madison Holtz, Vice President for Recruitment Logistics
Laura McGee, Vice President for Recruitment Personnel
Our community by the numbers
Fraternity and Sorority Life at Iowa is made up of four councils and 40 chapters. Below are a few statistics about our community.
- There are 40 total organizations, broken down by council
- 24 organizations have a housing structure
- FSL students make up about 12% of the undergraduate population
- Iowa was the first in the Big 10 to dedicate Divine 9 plots
- 2 International organizations were founded here: Sigma Lambda Gamma and Sigma Lambda Beta