Every organization president has access to Iowa's roster management system. This system is used to add and remove* members from your official University roster.
To access your organization's roster visit, members.fsl.uiowa.edu.
*A note about removing members:
Members should only be removed from your roster once they have left the University and are not returning (graduation or transfer) or if they have left the organization completely. Members who are removed from the roster will not be added back in unless under special circumstances as approved by staff. Members should not be removed from the roster for things like study abroad, internships, etc. If a member is only gone for one semester, they should be marked as away. Please contact your council advisor to mark someone away.
Roster Adjustment Deadlines:
- Chapters need to have their rosters up to date before FSL Programming Fees are sent out each semester. The deadline for Programming Fee adjustments are August 31st for the Fall semester and January 31st for the Spring semester. These dates are annual and will be the same each semester.
- General roster adjustments (removal or membership status edits) can be made between the first day of the semester until the last day to withdraw or drop a course, for that given semester. For the Fall 2021 semester those dates are August 23rd, 2021 through November 1st, 2021.
Roster Management Update Process:
- Go to the roster management website: Members.fsl.uiowa.edu
- Login with your HawkID and password
- To add, remove or update a members status:
- To add a member:
- Ensure that your new member has completed the required orientation
- Follow the steps here to invite a member through the roster management system
- Invitations should be issued within 7 days of offering membership
- To remove a member:
- Next to the member’s name on your chapter roster (while signed into the roster management system), click “Current” and change to "former".
- Fill out the following required questions.
- Then, choose "Done".
- Once completed with all members you’d like to update, select Review Changes. After confirming changes are correct, click “Save.”
- Change member from “New” to “Initiated”:
- Select “Current” next to the member’s name (while signed into the roster management system), and then toggle from new to initiated.
- Once completed with all members you’d like to update, scroll down and select Review Changes. After reviewing, click “Save.”
When updating your roster, please make sure you are maintaining the following status of your members:
- New Member: A student is a “new member” the semester the student joins the organization. An uninitiated member. The New Member status remains in effect for a complete semester, even if the person is initiated before the semester is complete. For example, if a student is initiated in September or October of the Fall Semester, they will continue to be a new member until the end of the Fall New member status will be changed to members automatically after the grade report is completed each semester.
- Active Member: A current student who is and initiated member in good standing with the chapter. A student continues to be an active member even if they are study abroad, internship, or co-op for only
- Inactive Member: A current student who is and initiated member in good standing with the chapter. A student is an inactive member if they are studying abroad, in an internship, or co-op for 1 year or They do not stay on your roster until they are back attending to class on-campus.
- Removal of Member: A student who will not be returning to the organization and is no longer a member
Additional Roster Information
In addition to information about member status, the Officer Transition Form asks for the following information from the chapter each semester.
- Advisors’ and Officers’ Contact Information
- Chapter House Residents, including room and phone number
Fraternity and Sorority Life may cross check the official roster on file with the roster of your Inter/ National Organization. If there are discrepancies, we will defer to your Inter/National Roster.
It is the responsibility of the chapter (via the President) to ensure that all rosters are up to date with both the University and the Inter/National Organization
Members should only be removed from your roaster once they have left the University and are not returning (graduation or transfer) or if they have left the organization completely. Members who are removed from the roster will not be added back in unless under special circumstances as approved by staff. Members should not be removed from the roster for things like study abroad, internships, etc.
How often should I update my roster?
- Your roster should be updated in “real time,” so anytime a member is removed within the organization, they should be removed on the University’s Official Roster (members.fsl.uiowa.edu)
What if I don’t see a member on my roster?
- Then they’re not on your Official Roster through the University. They will need to sign a gold card to be added to your chapter’s roster.
How do I update my council officer positions on the roster?
- E-mail email@example.com with your changes
Have Additional Questions?
- E-mail FSL Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org