In recognition of Charlotte “Char” M. Sojka’s 39 years of service to the University of Iowa, specifically 35 years serving the Iowa Memorial Union, Fraternity Business Services, and the UI Fraternity and Sorority Community as the FBS Account Specialist, the Charlotte “Char” M. Sojka Fraternity Business Services Student Leader Award has been created.
This scholarship which will be presented to one student affiliated with UI Fraternity and Sorority Life Programs – regardless of chapter (or colony) or governing council affiliation – who is a current or former chapter (or colony) or council treasurer. The recipient will embody the characteristics of Char: dedicated, determined, organized, and an ongoing commitment to perform above and beyond their duty. The award will be in the form of a $500 book stipend to be used at the Iowa Hawk Shop and Bookstore. The award will be presented at the annual Fraternity and Sorority Life Awards program each spring semester.
- Applicant must be current or former chapter, colony, or governing council treasurer.
- Applicant must be affiliated with a chapter/colony in good financial standing with their governing council and inter/national organization.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in nine or more semester hours at The University of Iowa at the time of application.
- Applicant must have a minimum of cumulative GPA at of above the all Fraternity & Sorority Life average.
- Applicant must have demonstrated dedication, determination, and organization in the their role as chapter/colony or governing council treasurer.
- Applicant must have demonstrated an ongoing commitment to performing above and beyond their duty as chapter/colony or governing council treasurer.
- In order to accept the award, applicant must be able to provide proof of enrollment in nine or more semester hours in the immediate subsequent semester (i.e., the fall semester immediately following Fraternity & Sorority Life Awards).