You will be signing a copy of this contract on Engage once recruitment begins. Please read it over and let us know if you have any questions!
Congratulations! We are so excited to introduce you to your collegiate and Panhellenic experience here in the Hawkeye Nation. We are beyond honored that you are considering joining one of the largest student organizations on campus. Your decision to join a Panhellenic sorority commits you to collegiate years focused on service, academics, connections, leadership, personal development, and a continued goal of improving our campus and community. College lasts for four years, but the memories you will make and bonds you will form last a lifetime. As part of the requirements for participating in Fall Primary Recruitment 2021, you will be expected to comply with the following guidelines. If you fail to comply with the guidelines set forth, you will meet with the VP for Recruitment, VP for Standards and Accountability, and Fraternity and Sorority Life staff to discuss your future in our community.
- You must use your University of Iowa email and Zoom accounts for all recruitment correspondence.
- You must film and upload a 1 minute introduction video using your CampusDirector profile before PNM Orientation, following all guidelines provided by Panhellenic.
- Respect all Active Sorority Members and respective chapters. Treat the Panhellenic Council, Fraternity and Sorority Life Staff, and the Rho Gammas with respect.
- Use good manners and kind language when conversing with Active Sorority Members and respective chapters about values, morals, and standards.
- Be on time to and attend each event on your schedule. If you miss an event for an unapproved excuse, you will meet with our Panhellenic Recruitment Team.
- Alcohol and drugs are not permitted at ANY time during Primary Recruitment. Any person found breaking this rule will have serious repercussions, not only within the Fraternity and Sorority Community but also with the University of Iowa. This rule is regardless of age.
- If you need accommodations, please contact the VP for Recruitment Personnel, Taylor Carlson at email@example.com, and ask for anything that can aid you in the recruitment process.
- Refrain from attending Interfraternity Council recruitment events, social events, etc., during the Primary Recruitment Process. If found at any of these events, a meeting will be scheduled to discuss repercussions.
- A Potential New Member may be removed from the process if the rules listed above are not being followed.
- As a Potential New Member, I agree to complete the Pre-Joining Education components for FSL. If I do not complete this before PNM Orientation, I understand that I cannot participate and will not be eligible for Continuous Open Bidding until I do so.
I agree to the contract terms listed above:
Potential New Member Signature Date
Vice President for Recruitment Personnel (Taylor Carlson) Date
*If you have to miss an event due to a family emergency or serious illness, please contact your Rho Gamma and VP for Recruitment Personnel (firstname.lastname@example.org) with proof of excuse.