Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc.
Epsilon Theta Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated had its humble beginnings as the vision of nine college students on the campus of Howard University in 1908. Since then, the sorority has flourished into a globally-impactful organization of nearly 300,000 college-trained members, bound by the bonds of sisterhood and empowered by a commitment to servant-leadership that is both domestic and international in its scope.
As Alpha Kappa Alpha has grown, it has maintained its focus in two key arenas: the lifelong personal and professional development of each of its members; and galvanizing its membership into an organization of respected power and influence, consistently at the forefront of effective advocacy and social change that results in equality and equity for all citizens of the world.
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated Founders Harriet Josephine Terry, Joanna Berry Shields, Margaret Flagg Holmes & Beulah Burke
Check out Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc.'s Rush Flyer here!
About this chapter
- Nickname: The Extravagant Epsilon Theta Chapter of Alpha Kappa Sorority, Inc.
- Colors: Salmon Pink and Apple Green
- National organization website: https://aka1908.com
- Notable Alum: Toni Morrison, Phylicia Rashad, Kamala Harris
- Social Media:
- HBCU for Life: A Call to Action
- Women's Healthcare and Wellness
- Building Your Economic Legacy
- The Arts!
- Global Impact
- Learn more about these program targets on our national organization website
- Pricing: High Range ($1,300 - $1,500)
- Must have a minimum of 12 UIOWA Credit Hours
- GPA: 2.5 Cumulative and Semester (prior to joining) GPA
- Full time student the semester of and the semester prior to joining
Looking to join this organization?
Reach out to the organization president: Aivy Nguyen (email@example.com).