Epsilon Theta Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated had its humble beginnings as the vision of nine college students on the campus of Howard University in 1908. Since then, the sorority has flourished into a globally-impactful organization of nearly 300,000 college-trained members, bound by the bonds of sisterhood and empowered by a commitment to servant-leadership that is both domestic and international in its scope.
As Alpha Kappa Alpha has grown, it has maintained its focus in two key arenas: the lifelong personal and professional development of each of its members; and galvanizing its membership into an organization of respected power and influence, consistently at the forefront of effective advocacy and social change that results in equality and equity for all citizens of the world.
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Founders: Anna Easter Brown, Beulah Burke, Lillie Burke, Marjorie Hill, Margaret Flagg Holmes, Ethel Hedgeman (Lyle), Lavinia Norman, Lucy Diggs Slowe, Marie Woolfolk (Taylor), Norma E. Boyd, Ethel Jones (Mowbray), Alice Murray, Sarah Meriweather (Nutter), Joanna Berry (Shields), Carrie Snowden, and Harriet Terry
- Incorporators: Nellie May Quander, Minnie Beatrice Smith, Julia Evangeline Brooks, Nellie Pratt (Russell)
- Notable Members: Rosa Parks, Maya Angelou, Alicia Keys, Coretta Scott King, Brandy Norwood, Jada Pinkett Smith, Toni Morrison, Lisa Leslie, Alice Walker, and Kamala Harris.
About this chapter
- Nickname: The Extravagant Epsilon Theta Chapter of Alpha Kappa Sorority, Inc.
- Colors: Salmon Pink and Apple Green
- National organization website
- Social Media:
- Strengthen Our Sisterhood: this initiative serves as the sorority’s “foundation initiative” in order to strengthen our bonds while supporting our service mission and purpose of Alpha Kappa Alpha.
- Empower Our Families
- Build Our Economic Wealth
- Enhance Our Environment
- Advocate for Social Justice
- Uplift Our Local Community
- Pricing: High Range ($1,300 - $1,500)
- Must have a minimum of 12 UIOWA Credit Hours
- GPA: 2.5 Cumulative and Semester (prior to joining) GPA
- Full time student the semester of and the semester prior to joining
Looking to join this organization?
Reach out to the organization president: Wiam Elkhalifa (firstname.lastname@example.org).