This award is sponsored by the University of Iowa Panhellenic and Interfraternity Councils in honor of Mary Peterson. Mary Peterson served The University of Iowa as the Fraternity and Sorority Advisor for over 20 years. During her time she acted as a mentor, confidant, and role model for all students on Iowa’s campus. This award is sponsored by the University of Iowa Fraternity & Sorority Community and was renamed to honor Mary and her commitment to the UI Fraternity and Sorority Community and UI community at large. This award is different from all other awards because rather than judging specifically on impacts in the fraternity/sorority community, special consideration is taken to look at the broad scope of how each applicant has impacted the entire university community. The recipients will receive a $250 stipend from the Panhellenic Council (Sorority Member of the Year) or Interfraternity Council (Fraternity Member of the Year).
- Applicant must be in good standing with his/her fraternity/sorority.
- Applicant must have a minimum of 60 semester hours completed.
- Applicant must have a minimum of 3.33 cumulative GPA.
- Please include a Letter of Recommendation from a person of your choice, as well as someone who supervised you (or the nominee) in a non-fraternal organization. These people should be able to discuss the nominee's character, abilities as a leader, and what sets the nominee apart from other applicants.
- If selected as a finalist, you may be notified via e-mail to sign-up for an interview