The Andrew James Mogni Legacy Award, created in 2015, is sponsored by International Programs, Sigma Nu Fraternity, and the Interfraternity Council, and is named in honor of Andrew James Mogni and his dedication to academic excellence and commitment to improving the lives of others. This award was established to perpetuate the legacy of Andrew and his passion for teaching people how to live every day and love life to the fullest. The award honors one fraternity member annually, regardless of Council affiliation, on the basis of proven scholarship, demonstrated leadership, and a strong commitment to serving others. The recipient will receive a $500 stipend.
- Applicant must be a UI Fraternity Member (regardless of Council affiliation)
- Undergraduate Upperclassmen (at least Junior standing)
- Applicant must be in good standing with their fraternity
- Minimum of a 3.00 cumulative GPA
- Demonstrated exemplary service to another individual(s) or organization(s) - not limited to service in Iowa City or its surrounding areas
- Please include a Letter of Recommendation from a person of your choice as well as someone who can attest to your (or the nominee's) exemplary service to another individual(s) or organization(s). These people should be able to discuss your (or the nominee's) character, abilities as a leader, and what sets you apart from other applicants.