Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Inc.
Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
Scholarship. Service. Sisterhood. Finer Womanhood. Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. was founded January 16, 1920, at Howard University, Washington, D.C. The Founders of Zeta were strong, principled coeds who possessed a great deal of modesty, strength of character and pride in academic achievement. They are indeed a worthy foundation upon which to base our illustrious Sorority: Arizona Cleaver Stemons, Pearl Anna Neal, Myrtle Tyler Faithful, Viola Tyler Goings, and Fannie Pettie Watts.
The Pi Kappa chapter here at the University of Iowa was chartered on December 2, 1980. Pi Kappa strives to promote scholarship and leadership by providing educationals on various topics while holding a plethora of leadership positions on campus. Our women are resilient and determined to leave their mark wherever they may step foot.
About this chapter
- Nickname: Zetas
- Colors: Royal Blue and White
- National Organization Website: https://zphib1920.org/
- Notable Alum:
- Zora Neale Hurston (Author, Anthropologist, and Filmmaker; most notable novel Their Eyes Were Watching God)
- Syleena Johnson (R&B singer best known for featuring in "All Falls Down" by Kanye West)
- Sheryl Underwood (Comedian, Actress, TV Host)
- Social Media:
- Instagram: @uiowazetas
- March of Dimes - Non-profit organization for premature birth awareness and research
- New Membership Fees/Pricing: $1,000 - $1,300 + Yearly Dues
- Give range for entire community (listed on family guide): $305 - $1,500
- Criteria for joining: Minimum of 12 shs. must be enrolled in a 4 year college or university, must maintain a 2.5 on a 4.0 GPA scale after intake.
- GPA: Minimum 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
Looking to join this organization?
Reach out to the organization president: Jade Bullock (firstname.lastname@example.org).